Swimming Holes in the Monadnock Region
- Edward MacDowell Lake, Wilder Road, West Peterborough – recreational facility with swimming and boating. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234176
- Otter Brook Lake Beach, Off Route 9 East, Keene/Roxbury – recreational facility with swimming, picnicking, canoeing. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/249980
- Surry Mountain Lake, Route 12A, Surry – recreational facility with swimming, boating, picnicking. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/249984
- Jaffrey Town Beach, 196 Squantum Rd, Jaffrey – public beach.
- Beard Brook, NH 149, Hillsborough – small swimming area, west of town.
Paddling in the Monadnock Region
- Corps of Engineers Lakes: https://corpslakes.erdc.dren.mil/visitors/states-activity.cfm?state=NH
- McDowell Lake, 75 Wilder St., Peterborough – Follow signs to dam, 4 miles west.
- Otter Brook Lake, 480 Branch Road, Keene – East 2 miles on NH 9 to recreation area.
- Surry Mountain Lake, 480 Branch Road, Keene – 6 miles north on NH 12A.
- Willard Pond, Willard Pond Road, Antrim – Off NH 123, access from Hancock. https://wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/bathymetry/willard_antrim.pdf
- Hubbard Pond, Annett State Forest, Rindge – Off Cathedral Road.
- Nubanusit Lake and Spoonwood Pond, King’s Highway, Hancock – Off NH 123.
- Dublin Lake, West Lake Road, Dublin – public boat launch is located on lake Road, just off NH 101.
- Otter Lake, Forest Road, Greenfield – Near Greenfield State Park. https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/greenfield-state-park
- Powder Mill Pond, Forest Road, Greenfield – Access 1 mile east of US 202 in Hancock. https://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/wma/powder-mill.html
- Spofford Lake, NH 9A, Spofford.
- Thorndike Pond, Upper Dublin/Jaffrey Road, Jaffrey/Dublin border.
- Highland Lake, Route 123, Stoddard – Access on Route 123 or Shedd Hill Road. https://wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/bathymetry/highland_stoddard.pdf